TweetsToText is a bot that lives on Twitter. It collects your tweets into plain text files. So you can take your brilliant observations somewhere else.
Meet the bot
Current Status: In Beta
TweetsToText is live for beta testing. We're asking potential users to try using it in realistic circumstances. You may encounter bugs or unexpected behavior, and we really want to hear from you if you do. File on issue or drop us a line. We want your feedback, good or bad (but especially the bad).
How it works
- Follow @TweetsToText, and TweetsToText will send you a welcome direct message. Now that we know each other, let's get to work.
- Just before you start live-tweeting, tweet @TweetsToText. You'll get a reply confirming that we've got your back.
- Do your thing just like you normally would.
- When your finished, tweet @TweetsToText again in your final tweet.
- Check your DMs for a message with a link to your text.
Who it's for
Anyone! But more specifically, we made this for journalists covering live events who often re-purpose their tweets into copy they file later in their various content management systems.
Maybe you've heard of ThreadReaderApp. It's a great service...for readers on Twitter. TweetsToText is for writers on Twitter.